Last updated: March 30, 2023
Note about Beta
Moyuk is currently in beta. Please note that during the beta version of our service, it may not be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to the GDPR, we kindly ask that you do not use our service.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of information from you: personal data and non-personal data.
Personal data is any information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name, email address, profile picture, or social media usernames. We collect personal data when you create an account with us or update your public profile on our service. We also collect personal data when you use third-party services to sign in to our service, such as GitHub or Google.
Non-personal data is any information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, device type, IP address, or usage statistics. We collect non-personal data automatically when you visit our service or use our tools. We also collect non-personal data from third-party services that provide us with analytics, such as Cloudflare Web Analytics.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to our service and its features
- To communicate with you about our service and its updates
- To respond to your inquiries or feedback
- To protect our service and its users from fraud, abuse, or illegal activities
We use your non-personal data for the following purposes:
- To analyze and improve our service and its performance
- To measure and understand how our service is used by our users
- To customize and enhance your user experience
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To comply with legal obligations or requests from authorities
How do we share your information?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal data with any third parties for their own purposes. However, we may share your personal data with third parties in certain situations:
- With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts.
- With other users of our service who view your public profile or use your public apps. You can control what information you want to display on your public profile by editing it at any time.
- With law enforcement agencies or regulators if we are required by law to do so, or if we believe that it is necessary to prevent harm or illegal activities.
- With an entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business.
We may share your non-personal data with third parties for analytical or marketing purposes.
Is your information transferred internationally?
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the United States. Please note the country to which personal data is transferred may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as the country from which it was transferred.
How do we protect your information?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be completely secure or free from errors, loss, theft, or misuse. Please notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized activity on your account or any breach of security.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our service and its features, or as required by law. We may delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for these purposes, or when you request us to do so.
What are your rights and choices?
You have certain rights and choices regarding your personal data that we collect and process. These include:
- The right to access, update, correct, or delete your personal data at any time by logging into your account.
- The right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe link in our emails or adjusting your account settings.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time, where applicable, by contacting us at [email protected]. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority if you believe that we have violated your privacy rights or applicable laws.
Depending on where you are located, you may have additional rights under local laws. For example, if you are in the European Union (EU), you have the right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold, the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain circumstances, the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, and the right to data portability, which means that you can ask us to transfer your personal data to another service provider in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
If you are in California (USA), you have the right to know what personal data we collect, use, disclose, or sell about you, the right to request that we delete your personal data under certain circumstances, and the right to opt out of our sale of your personal data, if applicable.
If you want to exercise any of these rights or choices, please contact us at [email protected].
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected such information without consent, we will delete it as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.